Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Giving her rear end some attention.

I got a chance to pop into the garage today and stayed there for the duration of the Ramones' Greatest Hits and the Cure's Disintegration. In those combined 33 tracks worth of time I decided to test out the simple green and scotch brite pads on the swing arm and rear wheel; I am happy with the results because it is clean but not too clean, I mean this is a rat bike after all.

Here is the swing arm lookin all sexy and whatnot:


The wheel and brake assembly (I just carb cleaned the crap outta the drum and cover so it is fresh and clean), and a closer view of the clean drum:


Also I am pretty happy about the arrival of my clubman bars and bar end mirrors. I put the clubmans on just to see how they fit and they feel really good. I can't wait to get them mounted for real so I can check some more off the ol' checklist.

Bars and Mirror(s):


In my last post I mentioned that I took of the sprocket cover so I just figured I would post a pic of that so you can see whats up under there. On the inside of the cover is the clutch actuator mechanism (not the official name, just what I am calling it.)

This one gives me a warm fuzzy feeling, probably because I am a bad photographer.

Here is a thing.


Next up: Finish this g-d tank! I just hate sanding so this is why its only this far. Also I need to still put in some ear plugs and shake the devil (bob ross tribute) out of the tank because I have 25 1/4" nuts in there to loosen up the large rust chunks before I give it the HCl acid treatment, but it is loud as hell and I just can't take it for more than a few seconds. Its progress is pictured here along with my new set of tools I got for Christmas!


I say farewell for now and happy wrenching!!!

2 comments:

  1. TJ,

    How's the project coming? You and I are living the same project. Last fall I bought the exact same bike. Color and all. I just got it stripped down to the frame last weeek and now I'm prepping it for bead blasting. Then picking out paint.

    Post some more picts. I'd love to see how your project is progressing.

    -matt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey matt, my project is moving along, more pics will be up shortly. Do you have pics of your bike? I would like to see your project.

    ReplyDelete