Monday, April 19, 2010

Should call this FailBlog but that would be infringement.

Just realized how long it has been since I posted any updates. Not that anyone reads this anyway.

I have surprisingly accomplished a lot since my last post, though not as much as I would like due to school/women/money/other excuses.

The good news:
It actually looks like a motorcycle now.

The bad news:
I have to start spending money on parts as most of the elbow-grease portion of the build is over, and I am an unfortunately cheap bastard college student (for less than 2 more months though!!!).

Things needed:
Tires, chain, gaskets, carb rebuild and petcock rebuild kits (luckily the carb diaphragms are in excellent shape), sealed gel battery (the brand new acid batt. the bike came with won't hold a charge because the kid who had the bike before me was using it with only about half as much acid solution as it should have had), and of course I still need to change all the fluids.

Things wanted:
A running motorcycle.

If I get all of that stuff I am pretty sure the little pup should fire right up, maybe I should bite the bullet and just start spending money.

Some pics will be coming up soon

No comments:

Post a Comment